The lumbar region is the area of the spine that is used more than the rest. Strong weight lifting, prolonged uncomfortable posture, weakened muscle corset - all this can lead to periodic complaints of low back pain. However, if the pain is sharp, sharp, as if it was pulling in the lumbar region during movements, and especially when tilting the body, this is a reason to consult a doctor immediately.
Lower back pain when bending over can be a sign of more serious body problems that need urgent help. In the absence of professional treatment, this unpleasant symptom can lead to a dangerous exacerbation of related diseases of the back and internal organs.
Possible causes of low back pain when you bend over
There are many reasons for worsening pain in the lumbar region when flexing the body. First of all, the pain syndrome in this area differs in primary and secondary.
Directly primary back pain is caused by diseases of the soft tissues or disorders of the spine in this area. It can be:
- lower back injuries (shocks, falls, bad turns, sprains);
- intervertebral hernia;
- displacement of the vertebrae or intervertebral disc;
- osteochondrosis of the lumbosacral region, radiculopathy;
- myositis, tuberculosis, lumbar polio.
The secondary pains are reflected on other organs, which are thus donated to the lower back. In this case, we can talk about diseases of the organs of the genitourinary system, the intestinal tract.
Lower back pain when bending can also be a warning about an inappropriate lifestyle or inadequate physical activity in this area. It can be associated with a long stay of the body in a position (sedentary work, long driving), a lack of sporting activity, or, conversely, overwork in the gym.
When should you see a doctor urgently?
Trying to cope with the pain on your own, let alone endure severe pain, is unacceptable. However, in some cases with severe back pain, a visit to the doctor should be arranged immediately. He:
- a recent injury to the lumbar region or spine;
- an increase in body temperature along with an increase in pain;
- sharp pain that does not go away for several hours (days);
- feeling of numbness in the legs, lower back;
- movement and coordination violations;
- disturbances in urination or defecation.
What kind of doctor treats lower back diseases?
Most often, a person is not sure exactly what triggered an exacerbation of lower back pain when bending over. In this case, it is more advisable to contact a therapist, indicating the nature and circumstances of the pain. The doctor, on the basis of his own professional skills, will attract, if necessary, a specialist with a narrower profile.
Types of diagnosis
Diagnostic methods for determining the root cause of pain syndrome are versatile. This makes it possible to identify as precisely as possible the trigger of lower back pain when bending over, to treat them and to give the person complete freedom of movement.
- blood and urine tests;
- Ultrasound of internal organs;
- Magnetic resonance imaging;
- computed tomography.
To achieve maximum effect and improve the positive result of treatment, several approaches to the treatment of lower back discomfort are used at once. He:
- Drug therapy. Includes various drugs for oral administration (analgesics, muscle relaxers, chondroprotectors, vitamins), anti-inflammatory and analgesic ointments and gels, injections, medicinal patches.
- Physiotherapy procedures (SWT, magnetotherapy, electrophoresis, acupuncture, darsonvalization).
- Compliance with a diet.
- Rest in bed, restriction of movement, wearing a corrective corset.
- Physiotherapy. This therapy works well in cases where lower back pain is caused by weak muscles and a lack of physical activity.
- Manual therapy and massage course. The passage of such courses is curative for the whole organism in general, and under the hands of a professional, pain in the spine is very quickly relieved.
- Surgery. This is an extreme measure in the treatment of low back pain - the basis of surgery is serious illnesses in this area which cannot be cured otherwise.